Your home is not for sale, but your house is!
You’ve made the decision to make a fresh start, either by selling your house or to refresh it. Either way, you realize now is the time for an exciting new course.
We are here to help you...
...understand the Buyer's Perspective. Your home has now become a product. It can be difficult to think of a home as a mere product, but it helps to do this in order to receive top dollar and sell it reasonably quickly.
...present your house so that it is immediately attractive to buyers because you want them to choose your house not the competition.
...identify the items that could prevent the house from selling.
...create Buyer Interest.
To gain an edge in your marketplace, you must be priced right and look better than the competition! The best, proven way to package your house and gain that competitive edge is to…
Yes, you guessed it.... STAGE IT!
12 good reasons why staging works
1. Faster Sales Time - Reduced time on market (see chart below). The average days on the market for a staged home is 13.9, versus 40.9 for a non-staged home.
2. U.S. Housing and Urban Development states that the selling price of a staged home is, on average, 17% higher than a non-staged home.
3. A Staged homes look better in print and internet advertising driving more potential buyers to see your home.
4. Staged homes are viewed as "move-in ready". Homes that appear to be clean, well maintained and in move-in condition are more likely to sell quickly. 63 percent of buyers are willing to pay more for move-in ready homes.
5. Building inspectors view Staged homes as cared for properties.
6. Appraisers are more likely to appraise Staged homes at a higher value.
7. Staged homes have a distinct marketing advantage over non-staged homes.
8. Attract a broader range of buyers - Staged Homes are more appealing and are recognized as the best properties to see.
9. Tax Advantages - Staging may be tax deductible as a service done.
10. By having your home professionally staged will give you a competitive edge or non-staged homes, especially now that the number of homes on sale is at a record high.
11. Staged homes are viewed as "move in ready". Homes that appear to be clean and in move-in condition are more likely to sell quickly. According to the Real Estate Association, professionally listed staged homes spend 73% less time on the market; typically sell for more; end up on buyer’s “must see” lists; were viewed as “well-maintained”, and have fewer concession requests from buyers.
12. Sellers who staged their home recovered almost 200% of their cost in the sale of their house.*
* 2003 Home Gain Survey of 2000 Realtors